GameCPGame Server Control Panel
How do I ...
add my own logo?
You can easily add a logo to GameCP, navigate to GameCP Settings, locate the logo option and paste in the url to your logo!
You can also modify the templates to add more advanced logos.
change the currency type?
You can change the currency name and display in GameCP Settings.
Please be sure you use the proper currency name, this is what PayPal and other gateways will use.
change the folder /usr/local/gcp to a new folder?
- try to only do this on new installs!
This is a very basic overview on moving /usr/local/gcp to a new location
- Stop your remote software:
service gamecp stop
- Move your gcp folder
mv /usr/local/gcp /home/gamecp
- Edit the /etc/init.d/gamecp file
- Change the MAINDIR="" setting to your new location
- Start the remote software:
service gamecp start
Alternativly you can use symbolic links to move just the installs folder.
change the folder C:\GameCPRemote to a new folder?
- Changing drive letters will make any custom command (install, addons, update etc) not work! You will need to switch to the drive in your script! (ie
- D: or F: or whatever the drive letter is with a colon after it)
You can also use links to move individual folders to new locations.
The below method is for new installations, if you have added any users - you will need to either remove them or manually adjust all their service entry with regedit.
- Remove all users on the machine
- Login to your remote server
- Stop the GameCP Remote with stop.bat
- Move the C:\GameCPRemote folder to its new destination, ie D:\GameCPRemote
- Do NOT change the name or add spaces!
- Run regedit
- Start > Run > regedit
- Locate the GameCP-Remote service key
- HKLM > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Services
- Double click the ImagePath setting
- Change the path from C:\GameCPRemote to your new location
- Start your remote with start.bat
change from a trial to a paid license?
You will need to purchase a new key - once purchased follow these steps.
- Login to your GameCP install
- Goto Settings > General
- Replace the License Key with your new key
- Click Clear Local Key
- Click Save Settings
If you do not see the Licese Key option you will need to upgrade GameCP.
change from basic to full?
You will need to contact support to upgrade your license key. This requires a new license key to be sent to you.
upgrade/downgrade my remote server license?
- Login to http://my.gamecp.com
- Browse to My Services
- Click Upgrade next to your license
- Adjust the quantity and Upgrade
Need more help? Write to support.
register a free trial key?
- Install GameCP
- Locate the link to the order page
- Complete the form(s) and register a key, use real information
- Watch this video if you need more help - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgC9obzhlAk
change my License Key?
- Goto Settings > License
- Replace the key with the new key
- Click Clear Local Key
- Save Settings
increase a users server limit?
Error: Server limit of 1 reached
- Browse to Clients
- Edit the user
- Locate Maximum Servers Running:
- Set that to the limit you desire
increase the File Upload limit?
File uploads are managed by PHP - to increase the default 8M upload requires you to modify your php.ini
- Make sure to modify the right php.ini! Use the php info tool in Settings to help.
upload_max_filesize = 50M post_max_size = 50M
Change size to be what you would like. 50M is good.
encode user passwords in the database
You can encode passwords when running the "installer" application
- Update GameCP
- Manually run the installer/ folder
- Select the option to encode passwords.
disable seeing user passwords?
Only 'main admin' enabled users will see passwords to accounts, disable this option and you will not see passwords.
change the default dashboard sorting
You must edit your database to adjust the default sort settings.
- Use or create a user, admin, sub-user etc that you want to adjust the default layout for
- Adjust the dashboard to be what you want
- Browse the `users` or `usersubaccounts` table and locate the indexsort field
- Copy the value for this field
- Locate these variables in your `settings` database and update it when the indexsort of you wish, note each variable is for a different type of user:
Installation and configuration
Where do I download GameCP?
All release files can be downloaded from http://gamecp.com?key=download.
Does GameCP work with safe_mode enabled?
No, GameCP will not be able to execute commands, safe_mode is required to be turned off.
Does GameCP support SSL?
Yes! GameCP will work on servers using SSL. You will need to configure your web-server to use SSL.
Please review your web-servers documentation.
How do I migrate to a new master server?
If you need to move your master server to a new machine follow these steps:
- Setup a new web-server
- Backup your GameCP web-based files
- Copy your web-based files to your new web-server
- Change the information to match your new servers database details
- Also change this information in Settings > General > Database Information, after you can login
- Make sure the mysql user has remote access to your database
- Login to mysql (phpmyadmin) and select the database you use for GameCP
- Select the `settings` table and locate the field `url`
- Edit the field `url` to match the new url you are using
- Edit the field `path` to match the new path you are using
Once you have moved everything and are prompted to login you will likely need to reissue your license. Contact support or browse to http://my.gamecp.com and locate Reissue when you view your license.
Update your Remote
Your remote servers use MySQL to connect to your master server.
- Login to each remote
- Locate your gamecp.ini
- Edit it
- Update your MySQL information if it has changed
- Restart your GameCP remote.
How do I move a remote server to a new machine?
Read the Move Remotes wiki page
Download Game Configs is not downloading
Do you have a firewall? Turn it off - make sure it stays off - and try again. Firewalls are the #1 cause of this feature failing to download the files.
Unable to connect to license system
View the article here Unable_to_connect_to_license_system
My clients do not have the option to start, stop or restart servers
- Login to GameCP
- Edit the users game
- Locate the "Status" option
- Set it to the blank line
- Save the settings
My license, domain or ip is "invalid"
Common error: There was a problem with your license
- Login to http://my.gamecp.com
- Browse to My Services
- Locate your license and click View
- Click Reissue License near the bottom of the page
- Dont see the option? Email email@example.com
- Copy the key
- Paste the key into your panel when requested
- Type in the admin user and password
- Save the key
- You may need to do this 2 times in some cases
My servers are online but GameCP says they are off
- Verify your settings
Goto Settings > General and locate Query Internal IP - set to No (in most cases)
- Verify your GameQ code.
- Login to GameCP
- Browse to Manage Games > Edit Game > IP & Ports
- Locate the GameQ Code for your game.
- Pick the best selection for your game (if you cannot find the best ask support)
- Check the Query Port
- Edit the users game
- On the IP & Ports tab check the Query Port
Most games have the same query port as the default port, ie 27015.
- You may also want to check your firewall.
service iptables stop
Then check your status. If it now works please make sure you open plenty of ports for the games. ie 27000-49000
Unable to upload files
GameCP 1.3 or above requires users to have Upload enabled. Edit their profile, Permissions tab and enable file uploading.
- Is your FTPD enabled?
- Windows users, did you install FileZilla?
- Try to FTP as the client using their game ip, their username and password
- Edit your php.ini
- Change post_max_size to a large size
- Change upload_max_filesize to the same size
My users can't login to FTP
GameCP 1.3 or above requires you to enable FTP access on the users permission tab of their profile.
Unable to automatically determin IP address.
This error occurs when the automatic ip allocation system has failed.
- Check Manage Machines, set a higher quota for games and slots. (example a)
- Check IP Addresses, in Manage Machines check the ip address list, make sure you have some available (Assigned: No), if you dont, click Yes and change it to No under assign on one or more ips. (example b)
- Check Manage Games, make sure you have selected the correct ips (none to enable on all). This is located on the Network tab of the game in Manage Games. (example c)
The automatic allocation system will check the database for ip addresses that belong to specific games that have the lowest usage based on total game quota and total server slot quota - it will only install onto servers that have slots available for the game.
- Advanced Debugging
Event Logs: If you have Event Logs look for 'Automatic IP Scan' related fields to find your MySQL query to determine ip addresses.
If not review here: If debugging (in settings > general) is enabled you will see the MySQL query used to find the automatic ip. You can copy/paste this string into your MySQL editor to see what is returned, if anything. It is helpful when requesting support from GameCP to include this query.
I dont see any IP's on my Machine list
This may be seen if your ip addresses are marked as assigned.
- Go to Manage Machines
- Edit the Remote Machine
- Click IP Addresses
- Edit some of the ips
- Check to see if "Assigned:" is set to yes or no
- If set to yes, change it to no and save changes
I am unable to backup or update
If you have problems updating or backing up GameCP review this article: Update Problems
USER DOES NOT EXIST
This error indicates that GameCP was not able to run 'adduser' on your server. You can check the common reasons below or test your server
Do you have the 'which' program?
GameCP 1.2 or above requires the which program.
If you dont have it, install it
apt-get install which yum install which
Is your hard-drive full?
Check your servers drives, make sure they are not full
Is your remote server online?
Check your SSH or RDP connection, make sure Manage Machines reports it as online
Do you have the mkpasswd program?
If so -
- Check your gamecp.ini and add
- Restart the remote
Users password does not change on server
This is common if you use Debian 5 or Ubuntu 10.x. These systems use the sha style password encryption.
- Edit your remote server(S) gamecp.ini
- Add the following line
- Restart your remote server
- Reset a users password
- Try to login as the user using ftp
User is created but no files copied
This is common if you have a bad screen install.
- Login to remote ssh, as a USER (you must actually ssh in)
- Try to run screen
- Did it fail?
- no more ptys error
mount -t devpts /dev/ptmx /dev/pts
- /var/run/screen is not writeable
chmod 777 /var/run/screen
- permissions on the repository
chmod -R 755 /usr/local/gcp/installs/
Too many connections Could not connect to database
- Increase max_connection_limit on mysql server
- Try setting the type of tables to InnoDB
UTF-8 encoding not displaying
Some systems do not work well with our methods of forcing utf8 encoding. These systems should have their MySQL configuration (my.cnf) updated to force utf8 encoding. This should fix any issues you may have.
[client] default-character-set=utf8 [mysql] default-character-set=utf8 [mysqld] default-character-set = utf8 collation-server = utf8_unicode_ci init-connect='SET NAMES utf8' character-set-server = utf8
Incorrect time (timezone)
GameCP uses the PHP defined timezone. You cannot adjust the timezone within GameCP so you must change your php configuration to use the time zone you desire.
Please review this website for assistance: http://kb.siteground.com/how_to_change_the_datetimezone_value_in_php/